Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Take your little hand in mine

Dallas Morning News layout artist to Pres.: You're so gay. (Courtesy Metafilter.)

Here's another personal display of affection from the Saudi leader's visit -- but contrast it with the chilly atmosphere of Bush and Cheney. Cheney's all like "don't hold my hand, Mr. President," and Bush is putting up a brave face. Reminds me of those pix of Charles and Diana they used to publish, in which the royals looked like they were ready to sock each other. Continuing the theme, Wonkette Greg points out a recent instance where Tom DeLay also seems to spurn the President.

Before his prince arrived, Bush gudgingly answered a few questions:

Q What do you expect to get out of this meeting, sir?

THE PRESIDENT: Do you like the footpath?

Q Let's talk about the meeting.

THE PRESIDENT: This is an important relationship -- personal relationship with the Crown Prince is important. I look forward to talking with him about a variety of subjects. I'm glad you're here. Thank you for coming. I hope you're enjoying this day.

Q How much progress can you make on oil prices?

THE PRESIDENT: I'll be glad to answer those questions at a later time.

I guess he was a little distracted. Probably thinking "Let's see, will he kiss me in front of the cameras? Must stiff-arm him, like with Khadafy. Why didn't Dick want to hold hands with me? Who will I ask to the prom? I hate my life!!"

,

No comments: