Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Perfect spring day

Baseball resumed, and the Giants won.* I gained a little bit of ground in the book I'm working on. I exercised after I got home and didn't feel my recent quad muscle pull at all. And Cris cooked a killer spaghetti sauce. What a good day.

*The best part of that story is the moment before the game when the announcer asks for a moment of silence in memory of the Pope, and during the silence a single guy screams out, "You suck, Kent!!" -- Jeff Kent being the former Giants 2nd baseman who earned fan enmity for being a big complainer, lying about an injury, not getting along with the Big Dog, dismissing the Giants' chances at the beginning of last season after he'd been traded, and then becoming the worst thing you could possibly be: a Dodger. That irreverent shout in the midst of a stupid, out-of-place moment of imposed solemnity says everything you need to know about being a Giants fan.

No comments: